Saturday, May 15, 2010

Where I've been...

So, I haven't posted in FOREVER!! I have been busy and every time I sit down at the computer it is with a list of things to look up, emails to return and or course Facebook always distracts me. I have however been reading all of the blogs that I follow and let me just say, I am so impressed not only do this people blog daily, there are pictures too. I am going to try and do better, I promise.

Back in February I tore a muscle in my shoulder at work, I was out of work for 2 months and was going a little stir crazy at home. I realized that I had 9 friends pregnant at the same time, so I decided to get out my brand new sewing machine, thanks mom and dad, and get to work. What to make, What to make? That was the question. I decided that I would make a tutu attached to a onesie for a friend in California, she was having her first baby, sweet baby girl Sydney. Now the entire time we lived in California this friend teased me about "how you do things in Texas" I can't help it that we love fluff and bling and hair bows the size of our baby's head! I thought this would really get her giggling, a tutu for a newborn. After much frustration it was complete and looked precious. My mom shows this to a friend who then asks me to make her a tutu for her niece, and you know where it goes from here.

I have had too much fun making hair bows, onesies, blankets, burp clothes, paci clips, and soooo much more. Bill convinces me that I need a website, so I build this homemade website, and people are actually going there and ordering things!! I couldn't believe it. My brother Jack designs a logo for the company, Dad convinces me to branch out and try selling on etsy.com (my newest addiction) and mom is major quality control and decision making assistant. Bill listens to me talk way too much about hair bows, and pettiskirts and little ballet shoes. What an awesome husband! We have an awesome new website, have been able to expand into carrying tons of amazing items. I can't do everything so I have started connecting with women all of the country who make all kinds of adorable items. Everything we sell on the website is handmade with the exception of the headbands and knit hats.

We have recently started attending the downtown farmers market on Saturday and have signed up to be vendors at a few craft shows coming up.

I hope this explains why I haven't been blogging:) I will try better and I have started a blog for the company as well. I hope I can keep up with two better than I did one. Oh, and I went back to work and finished the Chemistry class I was taking this semester!

Check it out...

www.elledeedesign.com

Thank you Rachel, Denise, Meg, Edith, Alanna, Shea, Terri, Brittany, and Jessica. You guys are the reason this whole thing started!

xoxo

Lani Pin It

1 comment:

I love comments almost as much as I love Starbucks and cupcakes - I can't wait to get to know you better.