Monday, November 23, 2009

Workout Overhaul

So I have decided that since I make a commute to Odessa for work and often don't leave until 7:45-8:00 in the evening to head home. That working out is pretty much a no go on work days. I get home just in time to shower, check email, spend a little time with Bill if he's home or visit some with my parents before I fall into bed. To make up for all of these no workout days I have convinced myself that I need to have major workout days on my days off. About a month ago I changed my COM membership from cool lap swimmer to not as cool water aerobics. My new friend Alanna and I tried it together and enjoyed it, most weeks we can manage 1 or 2 days that we can meet for a water workout. I know what you are thinking, I thought only old people did water aerobics? Well for the most part this is true, Alanna and I are by far the youngsters of the group, which is mainly from 50 years and up. Our first week we were corrected in how we kept our shoulders straight and tummies in. Very entertaining. I thought that this would be a nice time for Alanna and I to catch up, but have found that it is hard to breath much less carry a conversation when you are trying to keep up with people 3 times your age. It's more difficult than you think. Last week Shea and I got on our bikes for the first time in over a years. We contemplated how far we should ride our first day back in the saddle and ended up with "the churches" on 191. If you are from Midland you know exactly what I am talking about if not, there are a group of three churches that have all been built next to each other about 4 miles from Sam's club on Hwy 191. There was a slight head wind that made the ride a little more challenging than was planned for, but the ride was great. Finished with a total of 9.23 miles and felt great. So the new plan for my days off is 45 minutes of water aerobics followed by just under 10 miles of cycling, followed by a huge nap:) Two weeks in a row it has worked. Hopefully we can start to increase the milage on the bikes soon. Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I did not know that water aerobics was "not so cool"?! Robert is cool right? Good for you on a 10 mile bike ride after class!! I would love to have that much energy. I will have to tag along some time and see how far I can get.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Starbucks and cupcakes - I can't wait to get to know you better.