Monday, October 22, 2012

Samaritan Purse...Because We Can

Part of my Winter Bucket List {still in the works} was to be involved in a holiday charity.  We always help a local family in need at the office by providing Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners as well as gifts for the children. This year I wanted something that Hubs and I could do together and incorporate Elle Dee Designs into as well. 



Last year my parents were active in OCC or Operation Christmas Child in their community. This year my mom took on a more active leadership role and is working hard to spread the word about this awesome cause and get others involved {as you can tell, she really good at it}.


The mission of Operation Christmas Child is to demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way to needy children around the world, and together with the local church worldwide, to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.

So this year we're putting together 5 boxes and praying daily.
  What is in these boxes you ask? Well, a little bit of everything! Here is a list for the Samaritan's Purse website with a few suggestions.



I shopped Target and Dollar Tree to get everything that was on my mental list.Here is the breakdown of who our boxes are for.

Boy 10-14 yrs
Girl 10-14 yrs
Girl 2-4 yrs x2
Boy 2-4 yrs

I figured that the 5-9yrs age group would be popular, so I figured I diversify some.

All packaged up and ready to go.

Girl 2-4 yr Box

Girl 10-14yrs Box 

Are you interested in putting a shoe box together? You can request the supplies to be shipped to through the OCC website, or use a similar sizes box and wrap it fun with Christmas wrap. The labels identifying your box can also be printed directly from the OCC website. 

After you have filled your box check the website to see where the local pickup is in your are. November 12-19 is the official collection week and there are locations just about everywhere for you to drop your box off. They would love for you to include $7 to help with the cost of getting your shoe box to its location, but understand if you can't. By donating your $7 online you can track your box to its destination {great way for the kids to see where their box goes}. Please continue to pray for these children and the workers with Samaritan Purse as they hear and spread the Word of Christ.

I hope that you will join us  Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I love Starbucks and cupcakes - I can't wait to get to know you better.