Wednesday, May 23, 2012

ILW-A Lesson Learned & A Little ATX

Sunset on Mt Bonnell
I learned a valuable lesson this week from Hubs. I already knew the answer, but seeing the journey was amazing and moving. Hubs works a rotating shift each week involving both day shift, late day shift and night shift. The night shift is always hard { I remember my night shift days as glorious, but that was 7 years ago, and now I struggle to make it to midnight}. Hubs felt like the night shift did him in, hard to rest {he has a job where he can try and catch some zzz's} bad next day, poor decisions regarding food, exercise and activities from being tired. 
About 2 weeks ago he came to me and told me that he was going to change things up. He wanted to put a positive spin on the night shift. As I am listening the little voice in my head is screaming, "yes!" I was so happy for him. 

He decided that he would spend the night shift studying, reading his Bible, and praying while waiting for calls to come in. The next morning he would head straight home from work to rest and recoup from the night before. 

So I said a few prayers for him in the week before and then the big day came....THE NIGHT SHIFT! While he was on his way to work that night I prayed for him. I asked God to give him peace in this struggle, to work out the way he desired {after all it was reading scripture and praying}, to come home safe and rest good, to feel pleased with the decisions he made the next day. My mom called and I told her what his plan was and she said she would be praying for him too. The next morning on my way into work I got the call. The call that was happy, the call that told me he had a wonderful night and actually did fall asleep for an hour! He was pleased, Because God it good, all the time!
So Hubs spin on being more POSITIVE worked and since that was my 1LW this year i thought I should share it with you. 


We were able to go out that yesterday evening and run around Austin. We checked out a few of the places that the tourist love and since we have lived here for 2 years already we figured it was time. 

Sunset at the top of Mt. Bonnell
ATX behind us from Mt Bonnell
Hubs checking out the lake
After we went to Mt. Bonnell for a beautiful sunset we head back into the heart of Austin and pulled out our lawn chairs for a evening of watching the bats fly out from under the Congress St bridge. We even happened upon some of Hub's co-workers as we picked our spot on the grass.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I like my bats at a distance. I don't think I would be brave enough to sit on a blanket and wait for them to fly out at me!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Starbucks and cupcakes - I can't wait to get to know you better.