Monday, May 14, 2012

Manic Monday: Spring Swap

I have a love for swapping. There I admitted it, snail mail is the best and there is nothing better after a long day at work than to check the mail box and have a nice little note of fun package waiting for you.  Since Christmas last year I have participated in a handful of awesome swaps, I have handmade journals, surprise boxes full of goodies and amazing handmade items. I'm thinking about hosting a Summer Swap here on the blog. I know a lot of work goes into organizing it all and I might have to seek some pointers from the pros.


This past month I participated in a Spring Swap hosted by the ever amazing Aleks of Aleks Handmade {she also hosted the awesome journal swap earlier this year and is the pro I was talking about}.


I had the fabulous Sarah From Life on Walnut Street as my swap partner and once again I didn't take a picture of her pack all done up. I sent her this fun silverware holders for her Summer picnic table and a few other goodies including an amazing Milk Glass candy dish I found and instantly thought of her {I have a thing for milk glass}.

I can not tell you how amazing my gift was! Totally handmade by the amazing Sarah!


She sent me this adorable memo board with tiny coordinating clothes pins. When I open the package I tried to remember if I had ever mentioned on the blog that my kitchen has green accents. I don't think I have. So Sarah is a mind reader too, it matched perfectly!


I picked up a metal stand at Hobby Lobby {one sale 50% this week} and have the board on my kitchen counter with the invitation to my brothers wedding on it. So perfect! I can't wait to change the picture out and add more memorabilia.

Thank you Sarah!!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. So fun! I love swaps too. I just did a mug swap and a home made card swap. Totally count me in if you do one here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!!! what fun things yall swapped!! I can give you all sorts of pointers, just email me! i LOVE swapping! i will be back at it in August. i have a swell idea for a fall swap. i cant wait to share it with you ladies! thanks so much for joining in!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Starbucks and cupcakes - I can't wait to get to know you better.