Wednesday, April 18, 2012

1LW #12

You may or may not have noticed that for the past few weeks 1 Little Word Wednesday hasn't taken place. I'd like to say that it's because I have so many important things to write about it was the day that had to change, but that wouldn't be true. I've filled the last two Wednesdays with easy posts, not that they aren't fun, but easy too. Mainly because I have been struggling with my 1LW and no one wants to sit down and write a post about something they are struggling with, failing at or have given up on. So I've been HIDING behind craft tutorials and random posts. 


Several days last week I realized something else that had been missing from my routine, devotional time. I had stayed up wait working on orders, reading mindless entertainment or just piddling. What suffered was the 15 minutes I spend first thing in the morning reading my Bible and praying. I had to fix this! This is important! Not just to me, but to everyone that I come in contact with. When I'm not in the Word, not on my knees, I can't be the Positive person I desire so badly to be. So I made a change. Devotional time was not up for compromise, no matter the circumstances. It's helped, and the other day I wrote it down...I posted it to a group on Facebook. I knew that they would ask me how I was doing, they are great friends and would keep me accountable.


"Today I am going to be nice to everyone, only speak positively, not loose my cool, not gossip and smile a lot! That's the plan."


               via



They did exactly what I thought they would do, at the end of the day was a message asking how it had gone. I was excited that it worked. I reminded myself several times throughout the day about my challenge to myself. At the end of the day, I felt that I had been successful, so the next morning I did it again. I re-read my post and told myself I was going to do it again. Last night as I lay in bed and think about the great, productive, happy day I had just finished I realized it had worked again! 


So here I am this morning, sitting at my desk at work and telling myself that I am gonna get this done again today, I prayed about it this morning during my devotional time. I have the Christian radio station back on in my office, after a short hiatus to quiet land. I think hearing uplifting words all day helps, even if they are quietly in the background. It's been a wonderful week, God has shown me that I feel better and act better when I start my day with Him and my focus is on the good. Nobody wants to be around Debbie Downer all the time. 




Pin It

2 comments:

I love comments almost as much as I love Starbucks and cupcakes - I can't wait to get to know you better.