Wednesday, February 15, 2012

1LW #7

Pinned Image
via


I keep telling myself this because it is important. Life is good, I am blessed. I see this line all over the place, we live in Austin Texas which is a fairly "Hippie Dippy" town as my chiropractor calls it. Lots of outdoorsy types and "adventure" stores. You see this brand in all of them: hats, shirts, water bottles, stickers, you name it. They display cute stick figures "adventuring" with catchy phrases.

As I sit tonight writing this post, I think about all of the different "life is good" shirts I've seen. I agree, life is good, but not because I am riding my bike, kayaking,sitting next to a camp fire. Life is good because... I am a child of God!

Pinned Image
via
I am a Child of God! However I am not perfect...This is a little bit harder for my to wrap my brain around. This week was a challenge. The weekend, while really fun, I didn't get even half of the things on my to do list accomplished. Major downer moment, not POSITIVE thinking. Monday was, well a MONDAY. I had bad news at work, that frustrated me to no end. The had 2 parents get very frustrated me over the phone, 1 of them yelled, the other yelled and cursed. Not easy to stay positive through. I can home from work, hubs asked how my day was and I had to admit, it wasn't good. He was great, supportive and encouraging.

I decided that I went about the entire day wrong. Not an easy thing to admit to yourself. I realized that I had to make a change in me in order to see a change in others {duh!}.

Pinned Image
via
Today I was determined to do better, be Positive no matter what. This morning I ask God to help me do a few things: Only speak kindness, no gossip, don't get frustrated, don't talk about ANYTHING negative. I knew that one pray wasn't going to be all I needed. I ended up praying for these things several times through out the day. Once I had to stop my self mid-sentence when I realized what i was about to say, and a few times I caught myself before I spoke at all. Amazing is the power of prayer.

It was a wonderful day, all happy patients at work, happy employees, happy me and happy hubs. I think that the entire point of this awesome weekly link up is to help keep us accountable. It easy to write a post at the beginning of the new year and talk big. Then you can fade away as the weeks pass on and most likely no one will ever post you a comment ask how you are doing with that 1 Little Word you talked about back in January. I feel that God has put an amazing group of women in my life at just this time for a special purpose. I started blogging when I met them and can't truly tell you how therapeutic an experience it has been for me. I'm going to continue to pray my prayer each morning and through out the day, I have a few other things I through in there too that I am working on giving over to God.  I just have to rememeber...

Pinned Image

...and by the life that is waiting for us, I know that is the life that God planned for us.















Aisle to Aloha
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, Lani! You have such an amazing heart! God is good, isn't He? He puts the right people in your life when the time is right - so happy that you have that - so amazing!!!
    Praying for some more positivity for you today - you got this!
    ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the Linky Followers Party Hop! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Starbucks and cupcakes - I can't wait to get to know you better.