Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Burlap Jewelry Organizer


I saw this amazing photo on Pinterest, of course, and new it was a must have. It took a bit of work to track down the original post and sadly I just didn't have the access to the materials that were using in the original project.You might though, so make sure to head over to Liz Marie Blog and check it out.  


                               Inspiration          Mine

I was inpatient to get to work on this project, so I paid a little more than I usually would for supplies. Check out your local habitat for humanity shop and pick some up at a great price.



Supplies:
Blank Canvas {size your choice} 16x20"
1 yard of Burlap or fabric of your choice
Misc. Hardware
Jute
Staple Gun
1/4" Staples
Screwdriver
Xacto Knife
Fabric Marker


#1 Cut your fabric to be a few inches larger than than your canvas. Remember you are going to be wrapping your canvas.


#2 Starting on the shorter ends stretch your fabric around the canvas and use staple gun to attach. I used 1/4" staples for this project.


{Tip} Makes sure that you attach opposite sides of the canvas to ensure a proper fit.


#3 Wrap corners similar to a present. I did corners in a two part hold, stapling each separately.


 #4 Layout your hardware to ensure that you like the placement of each piece.


#5 Use the fabric marker to mark the screw hole locations in place.



#6 Using your xacto knife, make small slices on each of the previously marker location. You will push the screws through these holes to attach hardware.


#7  Wrap jute around base of board several times making sure that it is tight. This is a great place to hang hair clips or earrings. Attach using staple gun.

Linking up with:

































Photobucket


How to Nest for Less











Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Super cute, Lani! friend bought one for near $30 and I guess I'm cheap because I said I'd never spend that much on one ;)
    I love what you did - I might have to re-create it. My Jewelry rack is looking pretty sad and lacking love. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great project! You have a wonderful blog and I'm now following you on bloglovin!

    Have a great day!

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful project..thank you for sharing both the original and your version - both are so great! I'd love to try one. With the heavier drawer handles, do they pull down on the canvas any? I thought they might with the weight. Thanks again for sharing your project how-tos! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I'm thinking about getting rid of my jewelry armoire and downsizing my jewelry collection and this would be a perfect option. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea!! This looks awesome and easy to make!

    Visiting from a Creative Princess party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. Thank you for linking it up at Pomp Party this week.

    Amanda Joy
    Joy in the Jumble

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love Starbucks and cupcakes - I can't wait to get to know you better.