Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Craft Time Tuesday

This project was a gift for my brother and his fiance. Since we knew my brother's plan to propose this past weekend, mom and I went about snapping pics of our "family get together." Mom already had a idea and I was her assistant.

Several Summers ago we attended a Scrapbooking Convention in Dallas. We filled the days with classes and shopping! We had a wonderful mother daughter weekend together. We took home so many completed books that neither of us has yet to fill them. Mom's idea was to take apart a small book that she loved, but just hadn't found the perfect use for yet and put the pieces into a small blank craft paper and card stock album she had on hand.

So, with the small book dismantled and reassembled in a sturdy book to last the years we went to work adding all of the fun pictures that we had been snapping. There are enveloped in the book to hold memorabilia like our fortunes from dinner out on my brothers 21st birthday, the receipts for dinner the night he proposed and for the 3 dozen candle he had mom and I light for him! We gave it to them the next morning and they loved it! Easy and fun.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I love Starbucks and cupcakes - I can't wait to get to know you better.