Friday, January 13, 2012

Foodie Friday

I did it, week 1 and I cooked dinner twice! Saturday night I cooked a great dinner with my mom. Green chili casserole, it was tasty. Some how I made it through the entire cooking process and didn't take 1 picture.

Sunday night I had a second chance. We went for something easy since there were so many of us and decided on Taco Stack.

Heres what you'll need:

2 lbs ground turkey (or beef)
2 cans tomato sauce
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can classic Rotel
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 packet of ranch dressing seasoning

additional you will need:

Fritos
Lettece (shredded)
tomatos (chopped)
black olives (sliced)
Sweet coconut (shredded)
salsa
avacado (sliced)
chesse (shredded)
sour cream
cooked rice
Walnuts


Brown the ground turkey and drain any additional grease off. Rinse meat with warm water and place in stock pot with first set of ingrediants. Allow to cook for 30 minutes on low-medium heat.


We cheated and used mom's awesome rice cooker. 15 minutes and you are ready to serve. I love this thing!





Places additional ingrediants in individual bowls in serving area.


 
Fritos, rice and bean/meat mixture are placed in bowls first and then can be topped with additional ingrediants to each persons preferences.

Great food for family gatherings and larger groups. What was for dinner at your house this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I love Starbucks and cupcakes - I can't wait to get to know you better.