Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pinterest Project # 3

Backing up a bit to a Pinterest project that I actually completed a few months ago when I first became an Pinning addict Dedicated Pinner. I eyed one DIY after another trying to decide what I should make, that I would actually use. When I travel to see my parents, my mom and I always try and have a craft planned and this seemed like the perfect project with the upcoming holidays. I made a run to my favorite places...Hobby Lobby and Michaels for supplies.
Pinned Image

Where I found my supplies:
candlesticks - Michaels 2.99 each
 
 
round base - Hobby Lobby .49 each
 
 
glass jar - Hobby Lobby, 2.99 (small) & 3.49 (medium)
 
 
finial - Hobby Lobby .99 each

ribbon - any craft store, about 2 dollars
 
 
paint - Hobby Lobby 1.99 each
 
hot glue & super glue gel - any craft store -f ree from my craft basket

lacquer - Hobby Lobby 3.99 can 

 
 
#1 First thing we did was gently sand all of the edges to the bases, candlesticks and finials, didn't want to have any rough edges.
 
#2 Paint all of the wooden pieces and outside of the metal lids. I put 2 coats on mine to make sure I had good coverage.



#3 Spray metal lids and all wooden pieces with lacquer in well ventilated area after paint is completely dry. Allow to dry completely.

#4 Using super glue adhere the candlesticks to the wooden bases and the finials to the canister lids.

#5 Use Super Glue gel to adhere glass canister to the candlesticks.


#6 Fill with decorative item or candy of your choice and attach coordinating ribbons.

   

*I chose to complete mine without the letters so that they could be more versatile for seasons rather than holiday specific. Craft letters can be found at Hobby Lobby and are about $1 each.

Original post can be found @ See Jane Blog


Here are a few other styles of DYI Candy jar ideas...
Pinned Image          Pinned Image 

Pinned Image




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I love Starbucks and cupcakes - I can't wait to get to know you better.